Friday, September 9, 2011

Festive Friday #17 | New Toys

Happy Friday everyone!! It's time for the Festive Friday Blog Hop hosted by Terri Sproul again. This bi-monthly blog hop features Holiday cards from many talented card crafters as we get our Christmas cards ready early this year.
If you reached this stop from Becky's blog BC Designs , then you are in the right spot! If you would like to start from the beginning, you can return to Terri's blog

I titled this week's challenge New Toys as on my card I used two of my new toys to complete the project. If you follow my blog you know I recently added to my Design Team accomplishments; I've become a Design Team Member for both the Sakura Hobby Crafts Blog and the Crafty Ribbons Challenge Blog! I'm very excited and honored to be on all 4 design teams. My other two design teams are digital design teams and so my treasure from Digital Delights by Louby Loo and from AJs Digi Shoppe come to my email! When I receive the new releases, my family can attest, I squeal out loud as I'm always so excited to start using the new images and papers.
Well...waiting on snail mail to get your new toys is agony BUT...what fun toys I got this last week!!! Ali and Tony at Crafty Ribbons in the UK sent me a wonderful parcel full of yummy holiday ribbons of all varieties...for this card I chose this cool Twill Merry Christmas printed ribbon...it is the PERFECT size to fit across the card! I have TONS of ribbons to play with and this was my very first small project with my 1st new toy!! We are pampered with this design team! I love all the ribbons and can't wait to share many more projects with them!!!


Later that same week I received a smallish box from California--from Sakura Hobby Crafts! Inside was a huge bottle of the 3D Crystal Lacquer that you already know I love and that brings the shine to the eyes of my digital and traditional stamped cards! I also used the 3D Crystal lacquer as an adhesive for my prisma glitter for the glistening snow. Also inside was a surprise that I will reveal next week AND some 3D Crystal Color Lacquer which was perfect for coloring the bows on my House Mouse Stamp! I love it because it is completely transparent and just colored! I love this product and how easy it is to use the little tubes that it comes it! They are perfect for pinpoint application and the tube, while it seems not much bigger than say a BIC Mark-it, it has an ENORMOUS amount of product in it that will no doubt last me quite a while! Super fun! The folks at Sakura and our DT Leader Terri certainly spoil us too!


Thank you to all the folks responsible for all of my Design Teams, it is an honor and a pleasure working for each of you and with my teammates!! I couldn't be more thrilled!! I love what I get to do for you and I hope it shows. 

Thank you so much for stopping by!! I hope you enjoyed my card! Now back to our regularly scheduled hop! The next stop on the hop is Laura Fisher's blog. If you get lost on the way, the entire list is below!

11 comments:

  1. soooo cute- it made me smile!!! great idea and great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie, this is just so cute, cute, cute (one for each mouse). Almost makes me like the little critters :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute :) I love the mice :) TFS! I am a follower and a friend and would be honored if you would check out my blog at http://acreativejourneywithmelissa.blogspot.com and become a follower if you aren't already :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mice they are really cute! Great job Leslie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. TOOOO CUTE AWWW LOVE these sweet mice!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to cute of a card!!! I love those dang Mice. TFS

    Kathryn
    http://www.creationswithkathryn.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely card. This is my first visit to your blog, but I will be back. You have created a really interesting spot for your readers to visit and I really enjoyed the time I spent here. I hope you have a great weekend. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. THEY ARE TOO CUTE!!!!! love this card... THANKS FOR SHARING!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you for making my day!